Fortnite has added Alien Artifacts as a key part of Fortine Season 7, acting as an unlockable that can be redeemed to get customization choices for the Kymera alien skin from the Battle Pass. But how do Alien Artifacts work, and where can you find them? Let’s take a look at all Fortnite Alien Artifact Locations.
Alien Artifacts, like Gold Bars in prior seasons, are a new collectible currency. These items, unlike the Bars, have a definite purpose: they unlock customizable bits for Kymera, the first unlockable skin in the Chapter 2 Season 7 Battle Pass.
You can customize the Kymera skin by modifying its head form, eyes, skin color, and more using artifacts collected from across the island. Most of the upgrade options cost between two and seventeen artifacts. Alien Artifacts may be found by simply exploring the island, with new Artifact spots being added every week ensuring that the players remain involved in completely personalizing their Kymera. There are five Alien Artifacts to discover in Week 1 at the key places listed below.
Week 1 – Fortnite Alien Artifact Locations
- The Spire aka The Aftermath, at the center of the map.
- South Craggy Cliffs, inside the Orchard POI.
- West Cliff of Catty Corner, above the river.
- Holly Hedges, near the Durrr Burger.
- Believer Beach, at the mouth of the river.
Cosmic Chests, a new type of chest exclusive to Season 7, are another way to get Alien Artifacts. Cosmic Chests are treasure chests hovering mid-air, frozen in enormous crystals. They can only be opened by a group of players, and hence will only emerge in non-solo matches.
Also Read: How to Redeem Pride Cards in Valorant
How to Open the Cosmic Chest:
- Locate a Cosmis Chest, and gather your squad around it.
- Activate the Chest, and a beam of light will attach to members of the squad.
- The attached members must attack specific points on the crystal.
- The beam will pass throughout the squad, so repeat the step 4 with all the members till the chest is freed.