Oculus revealed a slew of new information about Resident Evil 4 VR, including graphical improvements, gameplay tweaks, and more.
Oculus unveiled new information today during its gaming showcase live stream, which was originally confirmed during Capcom’s Resident Evil Village showcase.
Also Read: Battlefield 6 May Not Come to PS4, Xbox One
Although we already knew Resident Evil 4 VR will have a first-person perspective and touch controls for handling weapons, objects, and puzzles, the latest updates provide a few main graphical enhancements.
Resident Evil 4 VR will also have a higher framerate than the original, which was 30 frames per second. Oculus didn’t specify a framerate, but depending on the game, the Oculus Quest 2 will hit 70 frames per second. RE4 VR will be the complete game, according to Oculus, with no material being removed to fit the restructured presentation.
The ability to switch in first-person using the analogue stick or a teleport feature that shows Leon running ahead of his location before cutting to your new view are two choices for movement. RE4 VR also supports room-scale VR, which will come in handy while hiding from chainsaw Las Plagas.
You can also play RE4 VR in seated mode if you want to take a break from your knees.
Although the core systems of Resident Evil 4’s gameplay haven’t changed, Capcom and Armature Studios have uprezzed the game’s textures and art to better suit the up-close view. Over 4,500 textures have been repainted or have had their resolution boosted.
The following are some of the other updates to Resident Evil 4 VR:
- The behavior of enemies has been rebalanced to better suit the current gameplay.
- Other updates to the game include the ability to select alternative arms from your body rather than having to go through a menu. Weapons and things have been “re-engineered” to become real objects in the world that you can communicate with. The inventory menu is now a touch-sensitive panel that appears in front of your eyes, but it still resembles the original grid.
- You can now dual-wield weapons with your hands.
- Character animations and cutscenes will be preserved in their original format, but they will be updated to Unreal Engine 4.
- Yes, you can type on the typewriter.
The game has been in production for “a number of years” in partnership between Capcom, Oculus, and Armature Studios, according to Ruth Bram, executive producer at Oculus.
RE2’s Leon Kennedy is on a quest to rescue the President’s daughter from a monstrous cult in rural Europe in the original survival horror classic, which premiered on the Nintendo Gamecube in 2005, 16 years ago. Resident Evil 4 is considered to be one of the most successful games in the Resident Evil series.
Oculus Quest 2 will release Resident Evil 4 VR “later this year.”