A family of five members based in Pune has been using solar power to run their home appliances and e-vehicles for the last four years. Abhishek Mane, The head of the family, is an environmentalist and a frugal. Knowing the benefits of solar energy that will have on him was like wisdom came to solemn himself.
In the year 2004, Abhishek Mane used to work in the ministry of Defence, and suddenly one day, he decided to quit his job, and start a new career. Thinking about starting a business of his own. He knew about the pros and advantages of solar energy and decided to do something about the health of the environment. After starting a business of his own, he decided to start to Research Solar energy consumption, How it will Work? Venturing into a business that installs solar panels along with manufacturing. He spent several years learning about solar energy, how to install panels, and harness natural energy into something that would make everyone’s life frugal and help them financially. He closely worked with people in the solar industry learning everything about the industry how the panels are manufactured. Getting to know the basics of the industry is the best thing to start your business. Before doing all that you should know about the benefits of solar energy.
The energy produced in Maharastra at Dr. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre and transported over a long distance. Some the energy. around 4-5% percent is lost during the transmission and distribution. The longer the distance between the production and the distribution of the energy. These losses might not seem significant to you. But, they can still influence the performance of the installation in a crowded city. Installing solar panels on the roof of the house significantly reduces the distance. Hence the Noise significantly reduces.
Some of the Statistics over the year on Solar Energy.
- India’s Top 10 Solar States with cumilative Installations.
- Quaterly Solar Energy Generation in India
- Addition of Solar capacity on the Rooftop in India.
There are many advantages of solar energy, and another one is the reduction of unemployment. A large part of the installation of solar panels contributes to local job creation. Using made-in-India products will boost the economy and positively affect the local community. Putting aside, the business related to solar energy. The environmentalist Abhishek Mane also installed several panels to powerup his house only on solar energy. Right now, In his house solar energy powers up kitchen appliances, washing machines, television, water pumps, as well as vehicles such as cars and bikes. If there were to runs all this from a normal daily energy supply the electricity bill would be a minimum of rRs 5,0008/ month. Now, they only pay Rs. 70/month.
In early 2016, Abhishek got a lot of experience and wanted to do something about his house electricity consumption. He influenced and talked with his family to install the solar panel to power up their whole house. To make the house environmentally-conscious they switched to solar energy. The change was slightly gradual, they didn’t achieve it overnight. Initially, they spent few months adapting to the changes and reducing their energy consumption. Making themself habited to turn off switches and lights whenever not needed. Slowly making big changes in their behavior. They changed their electronic appliances like refrigerators, AC, TV, Washing machine, and more. Switching to a version that consumes less. They have installed 10 solar panels of 250 watts to produce 2.5LW of energy every day. Connecting this system directly to the grid and a storage battery that stores the produced energy. The battery is also used to charge their electric vehicles and power up to home appliances at night.
“If you need it Tomorrow, Charge it at Night.”-Abhishek Mane
In the year 2019, they removed some panels and added 330 watts panels, now the system produces 7KW of energy every day. They added an extra panel so that we could charge the car. Since the car conges a lot. The energy is stored among four lead-acid batteries that have capacities of 12 V, supplying energy across various appliances through inverters.
Benefits of Using Solar Energy
- Everyone Knew the benefits of Solar energy theoretically, but Abhishek Mane did it practically and proved to everyone even you can take an idea and make it your business. Solar energy is obtained from the radiation that comes from the sun, it can be converted into electricity or heat. As technology advances it makes our life a lot easier, now it is possible to harness even more solar energy available to us.
- Leaving a positive impact on the environment it does not produce any greenhouse gases and does not pollute the water. Requiring very little maintenance, unlike nuclear power. Solar energy is one of the renewable energy sources which will never expire or run out of gas. Currently, we have the majority of our electricity produced from nuclear power plants. Nuclear power Plants require 20 times more water for the cooling system used in the nuclear power plants.
- Generating your electricity means savings on your electricity bills. It also implies energy bills. Also, the stored electricity can be used to make money, which you have generated and stored. Making the green investment more beneficial. The more energy you produce the less you will require from the Govt. which will significantly change the amount of money paid and increasing your energy self-reliance.
- Energy demands tend to be high in the hour 11:00 to 16:00 window and then early in the evening. At this hour, solar energy production is at its peak.
- Solar Energy is Applicable everywhere. Even on the farm, home appliances, office, and more. As long as there is sunshine, solar energy can be produced there. Now the farmers, have started installing solar panels in their field. This is so much useful for the remote regions with no access to the source of electricity. There are a lot of regions still in India which don’t have access to any sort of source of power.
Switching to a Greener Life
To ensure consistent use of energy, you should prepare a schedule. During the day, when there is direct sunlight, you should use heavy appliances such as the washing machine, water pump, other kitchen appliances to finish their chores and charge one of your electric vehicles. Then, you should allow it to recharge, and at night, you can use the stored power to charge the electric scooters. Chart of Solar panel plans according to your need.
“The Hero Electric Flash electric scooter takes four hours to fully charge and travel up to 100 km”. Abhishek Mane and his family has been continuously using solar energy for all their needs. As the head of the family stated that many people fear the conversion of electric vehicles due to range anxiety. But, TBH using EVs is similar to using a smartphone. Abhishek Mane has installed around 5000 solar panels on the house for daily usage.
For more News and Updates subscribe to News.Oyprice down below.