Things seemed to slow down not too long ago, but currently, the number of new COVID-19 cases seems to be accelerating dramatically. Because of the outbreak, everything is already coming to a halt and a lockdown all over again. In between all this, several measures have been taken by the Indian government in order to register and download the COVID-19 vaccination certificate online.
The mammoth drive to vaccinate Indians will be undertaken through a centralized platform called CO-WIN. CO-WIN or the Covid Vaccine Intelligence Network will serve as the backbone of India’s massive vaccination drive. It is an upgraded version of the eVIN (Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network).
For years, India’s universal immunization program has been carrying out using the eVIN platform. It is a cloud-based platform for planning, execution, monitoring, and evaluation of the Covid-19 vaccination drive. Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan termed the CO-WIN platform a “game-changer”.
Is the App available for use?
The application is currently in the pre-product stage and has not been released to the public yet. Only the government officials and those tasked with vaccination drive have access to the system. As of now, data of more than 90 lakh health officials has already registered on the platform. The government is likely to launch the CO-WIN application for mobile phones where people can self-register for vaccination.
How does it work?
There are 5 major modules of the CO-WIN
1. Administrator Module: Administrators to create vaccine sessions through ‘Administrator Module’
2. Registration Module: Non-frontline health workers to register via the ‘Registration Module’ and system will then notify respective vaccinators and managers.
3. Vaccination Module: The vaccination Module will varify beneficiary details and update vaccination status.
4. Beneficiary Acknowledgement Module: The ‘Beneficiary Acknowledgement Module’ will send SMS to beneficiaries. It will also generate digital certificates after one gets vaccinated.
5. Report Module: Report Module to prepare reports of vaccine sessions and the attendees.
Apart from that, C0-WIN app would also send real-time data of temperature of the cold-storage facilities to the main server. It will also maintain a real time record not only of the beneficiaries, but also the vaccine stocks.
How can we register?
The option of self-register will be available only after the priority groups have been vaccinated. People willing to get vaccinated can register themselves on the platform. Common citizens can register themselves by uploading a government-validated identification document.
Valid IDs for CO-WIN registration should include one of the following.
- Aadhar card
- Driving License
- MGNREGA job card
- PAN card
- Voter ID card
- Health Insurance card issued by Ministry of Labor
- Passbook issued by bank/post office
- Official identity card issued by government departments
An individual will have three authentication options- biometric, OTP-based, and authentication using the date of birth.
How to download the CO-WIN Vaccination Certificate Via CO-WIN APP And Website?
Step 1: Open Google Play Store for Android and App Store for iOS devices in order to install the application. You can even download the certificate from the CO-WIN official website online.
Step 2: Ensure that you have successfully completed the registration before continuing with the further process. After that, you just have to enter your current mobile number in order to receive an OTP for the registration. Upload the mentioned identity proof documents to continue.
Step 3: Schedule the appointment date for your vaccination at your convenience. Now, simply use the 14-digit reference ID provided during the vaccination in order to download the vaccination certificate.