- Users can now transfer their WhatsApp history to Telegram
- This feature is iOS exclusive for now
- Android feature will be available soon
The new message history import tool was launched by Telegram yesterday on its iOS app. It came bundled with the app’s version 7.4. The version’s update notes read as follows:
Telegram soon released another version 7.4.1 update that removed the migration tool’s name. You’ll still be willing, however, to import chats from WhatsApp.
How to export WhatsApp chats to Telegram
You will need the current versions of both apps to move your WhatsApp chat history to Telegram. If you have that, you can follow the below steps to import your chats to Telegram from WhatsApp.
Notice that there is no way to import conversations by batch. You’ll have to switch from WhatsApp to Telegram via individual chats. That said, here are the measures that are going to help you do that.
- Open WhatsApp and tap the chat you would like to export to
- Head to the Contact Info menu and choose ‘Chat Export’
- Now you’ll see “Attach Media” or “Without Media” options.
- Choose your desired choice
- Now, from the Sharing menu, choose Telegram and pick the contact you want to delegate the imported chat to
- Now you can see a prompt for important messages. Choose ‘Import’